Thursday 9 May 2019

Final product preparation

Moving forward into the actual bag making, but before that, a lot of sampling and testing needs to be done to vision what are the right measurements and elements we need for the final product.

Therefore, we started sampling our fabric fittings according to the right measurements of the wooden bag cutouts by the 3D and interior designer.


I and Christie were glad about the final look of the screen-print because we have never done screen printing by over-laying the screen onto the print to create the bigger printed fabric.
It was challenging for me to do embroidery over these big pieces of the fabrics with the industrial Jukie machine, but in the end, I managed to do so. 
Overall, I think my embroidery work has made the print lively. 

Sampling the fabric on the final wooden bag by me. 
The reason to create this sample fabric piece was to check the sizes of the inside fabric and to match the wood holes with the fabric holes.  
There were some issues with the measurements e.g. the distance between the holes of the wooden bag was too tight, therefore I and Christie had to inform Yu shin and Fiah to make some changes in the measurements.

I and my team were delighted with this sample piece, we thought the calico fabric itself looks good with the wood as it was complimenting the wood colour with the calico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection - Unit X

Looking into the entire unit X, I have found it challenging to work in a group of 4 people with completely different skills, but a great exp...